IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
Thank you for your interest in Pacific Crest Dental Group.
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on our lives and in our community. We here at PCD would like to take time to let you know what we are doing in response to COVID-19 to keep every patient and staff member safe while we treat patients. We will be, and always have been, following something known as universal precautions. Universal precautions means we treat every staff member and patient as though they have a potentially infectious disease that could spread to other people in the office.
- The disinfectants that we use in the office before and after every patient are rated to kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses, even the novel Coronavirus.
- All patients will be pre-screened before arriving at the office, and then again when they arrive. Our office will observe social distancing as much as possible by reducing the number of patients in the office at one time, and extending the length of the appointments.
- A staff member will be taking your temperature in addition to other vital signs upon your arrival.
- We will have you rinse with a disinfecting mouth rinse prior to your treatment to kill bacteria and viruses in the mouth.
- Your dental team will be in full PPE and utilize strong suction to reduce any potential aerosol generated in the room.
- Appointments will be spaced farther apart to allow time for ventilation and thorough disinfection.
- Every instrument is wrapped or bagged, labeled with heat indicator strip to ensure no sterilizer errors occur during the cycle and that all pathogens were destroyed. Instruments remain wrapped and sterile until time for use.
- Our staff remain up to date on continuing education in infection control, and we will continue to stay current with recommendations of the ADA, CDC, OSHA and Oregon Health Authority.
Our goal at Pacific Crest Dental has always been to provide excellent dental care in a safe and caring environment, so we hope that knowing a little bit more about our disinfection and sterilization protocols will put your mind at ease about your dental care.
We have been working diligently to prepare our practice for you. We look forward to seeing you, and are happy to answer any questions you may have by phone.
Send Us a Message